Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I've been wondering about stencils..

Go down

I've been wondering about stencils.. Empty I've been wondering about stencils..

Post by OneFirefly on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24 pm

..and whether they HAVE to be the stick-on type? Why couldn't you use the craft/painting stencils that you get from craft shops? That way they could be used over and over again.

Forgive me if there's a really obvious reason - I'm yet to get myself a glitter tattoo kit but was just wondering!
OneFirefly
OneFirefly

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-12-23

Back to top Go down

I've been wondering about stencils.. Empty Re: I've been wondering about stencils..

Post by 1HappyNut on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:30 pm

You could try it?
I think that the reason it needs to be stuck to the skin is to get good, clean edges for the glue so the lines are crisp. Not sure that would be possible otherwise. If it moves even a fraction during application, it would change the design edges.

Have you thought about freehand glitter tattoos instead? There are many threads on that.
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

I've been wondering about stencils.. Empty Re: I've been wondering about stencils..

Post by lorrinwagner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 pm

It doesn't really work. Paint is no problem for those stencils but glitter glue won't work, you just can't hold it still enough. Although, you can use a spray adhesive to reuse them and they would stick enough, you just have to get skin safe spray adhesive, then make sure the glitter doesn't stick to that. Good luck if it works!
lorrinwagner
lorrinwagner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-03-08

http://www.wagnerevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 pm

As above - it doesn't work. I guess you could try sponging the glue through but like with stencilling paint, you need an almost dry layer of whatever you want to stencil. Most re-useable stencils just don't stick close enough even with a tacky spray (which glitter then sticks to as well).

If you really want to use a non-sticky stencil (and I hate the sticky stencils, all that wasteage, I never use them), sponge through with paint then freehand glue over the paint. I've done that a lot with baby bump art and it still lasts a couple of days...not sure how long as both times the mums took it off after 3 days MAX:) Those pesky scans;)

Cat
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:53 am

Cat you're a genius. Just the answer I was looking for.
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum