Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!)

Go down

FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!) Empty FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!)

Post by Michelle Heffner on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 am

I don't know about you guys but I was just about to give up on my glitter tat kit/kits. I hadn't had ANY inquiries for them and couldn't convince any parents to go for them instead of regular face painting.

Now that we started doing them at the Renaissance Festival I have had inquiries from my restaurant gigs to do them on some nights instead of face painting or balloons.

Yay!! Finally... <3

~Heff
Michelle Heffner
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!) Empty Re: FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!)

Post by kat on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 am

This is good to hear!!
kat
kat

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://www.katsfacesandmore.com

Back to top Go down

FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!) Empty Re: FINALLY! Got paid Glitter Tat gigs (after over a year!)

Post by Denise Cold on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I think in my area it's the name "tattoo"....I've got to stop calling it that. I literally had one mom say "oh, just paint the soccer ball on his face, we're having pictures done today and I don't want anything permanent on him."

There is an association with regular tattoos here and it doesn't go over well with conservative folks. I changed the name to "Glitter Art" on my website but that doesn't cover the mica/manly stuff.

I'm glad it's going better for you, I hope it does for me. I've been able to do it as an add on with two corporate gigs so that we could stay with a theme and design more people but no parties yet. I did tell a bounce house owner that it would be great with his slip & slide parties.

I still haven't figured out the "who pays for custom stencils" part though. On one I bought the stencils myself and I just kept them (will take me forever to get rid of them, we only used half) This last one was a custom design but it's something I could POSSIBLY use later (college logo) so I'm debating whether to just pay for those too. If they buy them they will just sit in a closet or worse they'll start thinking "I wonder if we could buy the glitter kit ourselves." pale

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 pm

I buy them, but charge off to the client for them.... ie "how many do you want me to be *able* to apply of that special unique item?" - "ok, the cost to have that specialty item for that many people (in addition to my regular rate) is $xx"

I keep leftovers, but I'm not out money for them (I get a few extra in case of damage if I think they have underestimated the numbers - but it is built in to the quote).
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum