Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!!

Go down

1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!! Empty 1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!!

Post by AllieDawn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 pm

I just got my first glitter kits in and I plan on using them this weekend at a two day festival.
I just have an assortment of tats and glitter pots/bottles. I have a few questions.

1-what is the normal pricing for small and lg tats or are they all same price? I was thinking $4&$6?
2-I got a lg pot of black Mica. What is it for??
3-also got a little applicator of some kind-it's like a little cotton cone on one end with a plastic handle. Another applicator I got looks like a huge eyeshadow applicator sponge. What do I do with these?
This is a large festival, so any other helpful tips in this area would be appreciated. Anything I need to be prepared for?
Thanks so much!!
AllieDawn
AllieDawn

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2011-01-17

http://www.wix.com/alliedawn/facetastic

Back to top Go down

1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!! Empty Re: 1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!!

Post by JBax on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm

I don't do glitter tats, but I can answer #2. The black mica is to make a matte black tat instead of glitter. Very tribal and macho.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!! Empty Re: 1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!!

Post by AllieDawn on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am

Ahhh that makes total sense. Thank you!Smile
AllieDawn
AllieDawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

I do/carry glitter tattoos. I don't know the applicator thing is that came with yours mine do have that.

I normally charge $5 for my tattoos. I generally don't use the big ones since I do mainly birthday parties and a few festivals. For the birthday parties I charge the same as my face painting and balloons.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 pm

1. You can charge according to what gig it is - I charge $5 for everything except very large ones which are $10 but I don't have many of those ones.
Honestly I could charge $6 or even $8 and get away with it... but I'm too lazy to make change - so $5 keeps it nice and simple and fast for me in a festival environment.
2. Jennifer is completely correct.
3. The applicators sound weird.... I prefer to use a brush... some prefer to poof the glitter... this doesn't work for me. I get a short haired fuzzy type of brush and pick up the glitter on the tips and touch it on, you get more accuracy and a thicker layer of glitter.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AllieDawn on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Wel I have six poufers and then another kits with pots and brush. So idk what the othe applicators are for either but it doesn't really look like I'll need them. I found a neat little case for most of it today at hobby lobby so I'm excited to get it all organized!!
I will be having my cousin helping me this weekend since it's an all day event. I have to figure out how to pay her too. Anyone have experience with this? Should I pay per tattoo or hour?
Y'all r so helpful thank you!
AllieDawn
AllieDawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 pm

I've had a helper before and I paid her $2 per tattoo, and I kept the other $3.

Very Happy
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kstein on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 am

The eye shadow applicator is what I use to apply the black mica powder. I'm not sure what the smaller one is for. Tip: Use a small container (35mm film or Tupperware mini) to put the application down into while working. Cut a hole in the lid large enough for the stick to go through. When you are ready to pack up, slide the lid down over the stick of the applicator and seal the applicator pad inside. That way the black powder does not get all over everything. I tried just putting the applicator in a bag but the powder got all over the stick and then you pull it out and it's all over your hands and just a big mess!

kstein

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thadancer on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm

AllieDawn which kit did you order? I am trying to narrow my selection down to my top two!

thadancer

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by cgmather on Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 am

AlleyDawn -
I was wondering how your 2 day festival went? Can you give any tips?
Thanks

cgmather

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 am

1st time using tats this wknd. I have A Few questions!! 10ml%20body%20glue%20empty%20vial_01The small applicator... short wand, with a angled tip? It's a lipgloss applicator that many use to apply the glue.

Back to top Go down

Post by cgmather on Mon May 16, 2011 4:56 pm

I purchased a kit very similar and I contact them and they said the applicator is used for Freehand Designs and its used to apply the glue. Its not not for glitter or mica power. Personally I wouldn't ever use this until I get better so, I just filed them away.

kstein wrote:The eye shadow applicator is what I use to apply the black mica powder. I'm not sure what the smaller one is for. Tip: Use a small container (35mm film or Tupperware mini) to put the application down into while working. Cut a hole in the lid large enough for the stick to go through. When you are ready to pack up, slide the lid down over the stick of the applicator and seal the applicator pad inside. That way the black powder does not get all over everything. I tried just putting the applicator in a bag but the powder got all over the stick and then you pull it out and it's all over your hands and just a big mess!

cgmather

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss on Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 pm

You guys are giving great descriptions, but my cold must be playing havoc with my head, could you please include a couple of pics?
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down