Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names.

Go down

imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names. Empty imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names.

Post by Lee Marie on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 am

Hi y'all!
I am very concern about this and wanted to know if that happened to anyone else. I went to check out my website on the web search and it took me to a page where my website appears and right underneath is this "??" called imgarcade.com. It is posting several painted faces. It is very unorganized and I think is a scam. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Thanks in advance!

Lee
Lee Marie
Lee Marie

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-01-08

http://moonfacespainting.com

Back to top Go down

imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names. Empty Re: imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names.

Post by jlirie on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:51 pm

did some internet searching about it. appears to be a legitimate site based in amsterdam the netherlands, new as of feb 2014.

went to the site and read the "about us" and "contact us" pages - as the name suggests, it is an image arcade, purporting to provide downloadable images of all kinds, organized to save time searching. they diss those who protect and watermark their images, and try to suggest that all the images they have collected are free, but then mention you can find corporate logos (??).

on the "contact us" page they describe how you can ask them to remove any images that are copyrighted, or provide a link from the images to your website. they provide specific instructions on how you must email them about this. excuse me?

sounds like they are collecting any images they want and the burden of removing them is on you.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names. Empty Re: imgarcade.com weird website using unauthorized face painting pictures and names.

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:40 pm

If your work is there you can demand they remove them in the way you want... and report them. They are in the wrong on that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down