Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions

Go down

Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions Empty Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions

Post by CutieMcGee on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Hello, my name is Mandy and I am new to the forum. I have been face painting for about 3 years now. While I am not the best face painter out there, I do love painting and I am now obsessed with glitter tattoos! I have my first PPF/PPT booth in a couple weeks.

So let's start as the title suggests with my only rant. Glitter! It gets everywhere! I have recently picked up a small drop cloth to put under my table but I still need a better way to clean up glitter. I've heard I can use a small towel to put under the persons limb as I tattoo them, but if you have any other tips for glitter clean up they would be appreciated!

Next! Oh lawdie, I love the selection at Faketoos~ I put in my first small order to be able to see them and already am loading up my cart with the designs I want. Plus who doesn't love $1 shipping?! I have heard nothing but great things about them and I am very excited to receive my orders. Also I put in a order with TKB Trading for mica. I have also heard nothing but great things about them. They're samples are generous and they have cheap shipping as well. Please let me know of the best places to pick up supplies. I still have some glitter left from my Tulip kits when I was starting out, but need to restock. I have also gone ahead and ordered moon light glue.

Now for the questions. So, I have to ask, do you find that your business slows down in the winter? I did an event last weekend face painting, nice and early and it was freezing cold~ I was shivering under my clown costume! However the line was packed. I know the troubles in the summer is it being too hot and face paint melting off. But is there a slow period of work in glitter and mica tattoos or does it simply depend on the event?

Any tips, advice and links are appreciated. Thank you so much~
CutieMcGee
CutieMcGee

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions Empty Re: Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions

Post by Misha on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm

HiYa! Your username made me smile, we call my youngest boy "Finger's McGee"!
When I do glitter tats I put a plastic charger (a big plate used for decoration) under the area I'm putting glitter on. Them I'm able to sweep the charger clean into a container with a lid. I love TKB trading I'm still using samples from my first order! A little goes a long way in mica!
As for supplies the Forum shop right here is the way to go! Great pricing, great product, and super fast shipping! on every order I've placed
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions Empty Re: Just Starting- Rants, Raves and Questions

Post by CutieMcGee on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks! That's actually my clown name.

So for the mica I've heard to use the eye shadow applicators for using them works very well. I'll have to pick some up from Sallys.
CutieMcGee
CutieMcGee

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum