Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Buy or build? Discussion on kits

Go down

Buy or build? Discussion on kits Empty Buy or build? Discussion on kits

Post by LadySiren on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

After much craziness at home over the last two weeks, I'm finally back with a new question: buy or build?

I want to get a starter kit together, which I'm going to use for a test run at two events. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a small kit or to build one to my liking. Since we're new to this, I haven't figured out whether I prefer brushes or poofers, so will likely want both at first (if you have an opinion on brushes vs. poofers, I'd love to hear that, too).

So, give me your thoughts - would it be better to buy a small pre-made kit or to build one from individual components? Buying a kit has obvious advantages in terms of price and convenience. Building a kit would allow me to custom choose my colors, but takes more time and probably costs more. Aaaaauuuugggh! I never used to be this indecisive, I swear. Laughing

Any input warmly welcomed!
LadySiren
LadySiren

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Buy or build? Discussion on kits Empty Re: Buy or build? Discussion on kits

Post by anniel on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 am

If you want a quick professional-looking set-up & don't have any idea of how you want it to be--buy a set up. (But your post is a bit unclear--are you setting up for glitter tatts?)
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:33 am

Buy a starter kit. You can add as you go.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadySiren on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

anniel wrote:If you want a quick professional-looking set-up & don't have any idea of how you want it to be--buy a set up. (But your post is a bit unclear--are you setting up for glitter tatts?)

We're planning on launching a glitter / mica tats and body art (no FP) business, but haven't really gotten rolling yet. I've got two small events coming up (a family birthday party and a multi-family yard sale) that I'm using as test runs to get myself into a good rhythm and make sure I'm comfortable with my materials.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get a small kit for now, then before our first big event we'll get one of the larger kits. Thanks all for your input - very much appreciated!
LadySiren
LadySiren

Back to top Go down

Post by LadySiren on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Now looking for updated opinions of the Moonlight glitters, since I know people have posted about them before. I'm thinking about getting this kit http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/550861291-Free-shipping-Professional-temporary-tattoo-body-art-Glitter-Tattoo-kit-with-15-color-brushes-glue-stencil-wholesalers.html since it has a nice selection of colors. Any opinions on how many tats I can get from this size kit? We'll be buying a larger kit for when we kick-off for real, but I want to get these two trial runs under my belt first.

I was going to go with poofers but now I'm thinking brushes might be better. Thoughts?
LadySiren
LadySiren

Back to top Go down

Post by VeronicaAM on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 pm

I would suggest a starter kit, as mentioned above, you can build to it. Some starter kits only have a few stencils, and one of each design at that. So you are going to want to get stencils thats for sure. I have poofers, but I also have a stackable of pots. I mainly use my poofers and poof abit past the glue and use my brush to get it on the area I want that color (this is when I take the stencil off before adding the glitter.) But yes, find what works for you. Good luck and most of all have fun.

VeronicaAM

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum