Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Glitter on before or after taking off stencil?

Go down

Glitter on before or after taking off stencil? Empty Glitter on before or after taking off stencil?

Post by theglitterfairy on Tue May 22, 2012 3:07 am

I have always taken off my stencil before putting the glitter on, but am wondering if any of you like leaving the stencil on and then adding glitter and find that there are benefits to that method?

Thanks! Happy glittering!

theglitterfairy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Glitter on before or after taking off stencil? Empty Re: Glitter on before or after taking off stencil?

Post by JJJJJ on Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 am

I actually do leave the stencil on while applying the glitter. I tried it the other way and didn't like dealing with the glue fading and losing sense of where the design was. I've read that when you leave the stencil on, you shouldn't leave it on for too long because the glue can cause the stencil edges to bind with the design a bit, and then when you pull off the stencil you risk lifting some of the design away. I've had this happen only rarely, and then usually with very thin parts of the design (such as the antennae of butterflies). I'm always super careful about these parts. I also pull the stencil off by rolling it backwards off the design as parallel to the skin as I can, so as to exert less of a "pulling up" force.

I don't re-use stencils, so I don't mind that some of the glitter gets onto the stencil.

Happy glittering to you too! Surprised)

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Glitter on before or after taking off stencil? Empty Re: Glitter on before or after taking off stencil?

Post by theglitterfairy on Tue May 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Awesome! Im going to try this today!! Thank you.

theglitterfairy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skjfunny on Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 pm

I've tried both ways, and as many stated in another thread about this some of it depends on your work environment. Where it is hot and humid the glitter sticks to skin so you can have quite a mess if you take the tatt off first. Others brush the skin with powder so the glitter doesn't stick. Faster for us to leave the tatt on, glitter away and then remove tatt.
WE do carry a little bucket that is in easy reach for the trash, bags blew around too much...neat trick: Take your trash home with you and count the white paper backs and you have an accurate count of how many were actually done with out a lot of trouble. sunny
skjfunny
skjfunny

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-08-17

http://sunshinetheclown.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum