Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Mama Clown Glitter?

Go down

Mama Clown Glitter? Empty Mama Clown Glitter?

Post by danielleee on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 pm

This isn't quite an emergency, but it could turn into one! There's a chance I may need to get glitter tattoo supplies for a butterfly-themed gig in less than two weeks. I'm wondering, how well does Mama Clown glitter work for tattoos? In the past I've only used Glimmer brand and I like it a lot, but I'm not sure how fast shipping is on the Glimmer site, whereas with Silly Farm I know I'll be able to get my package in a week.

So for those of you who have used Mama Clown glitter for tattoos, do you like it? How does it compare to other brands you've used?

And out of curiosity, which of the sites you all use have super fast shipping? Signature Glitter, Amerikan, etc?

thanks everyone I love you
danielleee
danielleee

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Mama Clown Glitter? Empty Re: Mama Clown Glitter?

Post by EileenF on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I work with Glimmer. For example, I'm in Texas and they are in Cali and I ordered on Monday and got it at my door by Wednesday. I ordered 15 kits for my event and some last minute Easter stencils that I didn't feel like making. My event is on Saturday. If you order, talk to Lindsay. She is fabulous and just tell her your needs and she will ship it out to you as she is talking to you. Their glitter there is $2.50 each and their refills are $7 something. That's with regular shipping too. If you are ordering a few things that would be shipped in a small box, you wouldn't pay much at all. I haven't worked with other sites, because I'm 100% satisfied with Glimmer. (They also threw in 20 extra stencils, good ones. They love giving goodies)
EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by EileenF on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Just tell them you need it asap- they will get it to you faster than what you think and I love their glitter selection. I'm sure you would receive it in 2-3 days, I got mine in 2 days with regular ground shipping. Realized yesterday I need more stuff by tomorrow and Lindsay took care of me to have it by tomorrow with regular shipping from Cali to TX. They have 30 colors as well as UV glitters. I swear by their glue, I still have a tattoo from 10 days ago. If you haven't used their glue, you should try it! Smile Their refills are big bottles, so you should think about ordering big bottles of the colors you run out of fast. (I use a lot of black, turquoise, lime green and magenta)

Also, CALL them, don't order online-- and ask for Lindsay. Just look up Glimmer Body Art's phone number. Don't go through their website, talk to a live person. Smile She is extension 200. She is SUPER sweet, if not, whoever answers the phone will help you! If you call soon, just go on their website and get their number, call her and she will ship it to you today since it's only 11:30 am there. I promise you would get it from them on time within a couple days, not weeks! They are the first company that started Glitter Tattoos. I learned to stick to products I'm used to, even when I'm in a crunch. I wouldn't recommend trying new products if you don't know if you will like them in last minute situations. Smile Try new products when you have free time.

Let me know if there is something you recommend, I am always open!

I promise you don't have to worry about NOTgetting it in time. If you are not happy with them for any reason, blame me. Seriously! hehe!

Last edited by EileenF on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 pm

The forum shop here has really really quick shipping. If you tell Metina you need it quickly, I bet she could make it even faster. When I order stuff from the forum shop, I get it like... 3 days later. And I ship to Michigan.

But just looking now, it seems like most of the glitters in the shop are iridescent - you definitely want "opaque" glitters for tattoos. She does have some cool neon glitters though.

I've had bad luck with shipping from SillyFarm... some orders take 2 weeks.

I haven't had any experience with Glimmer, Amerikan, etc... so I can't really help out there.
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Sadly I don't have my glitter tattoo glitter in stock yet. It should be here any day now! But with most shops using 2-3 day priority shipping I would think you would have a problem getting it on time from anywhere. But I guess it all depends on when they ship. I ship same or next day in most all cases, but you'd want to check with your supplier.

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danielleee on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! Janna, I've heard bad things about silly farm's shipping... guess I've been lucky so far! -fingers crossed-

Eileen, I'm inclined to try Glimmer for the same reasons you mentioned - I'm familiar with their stencils and I'm used to the way their glue works. I use the forum shop for almost all of my face painting purchases (especially since the shop carries Wolfe now, yippeee!) but I like the idea of saving on shipping and getting everything from one site. Thank you for all of the info!! I'll give them a call as soon as I hear back from my err, potential client.

Metina, so glad you guys are getting glitter tattoo stuff! Now I'll never have to shop anywhere else Twisted Evil
danielleee
danielleee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:46 pm

I don't mean to hijack, but Metina-Are you going to carry glitter tattoo glitter in poofers or jars? Also...will you have tattoos in stock too? I'm about to make a decision on tattoos within a week or so and I'd always rather order from you Wink.
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I have used only silly farm glitter, it works perfect, the only thing I see is a problem with pastels colors, they don't show up good, for 2 years I've had a good experience with their shipping as well.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 pm

I packaged up and mailed all of the glitter to Metina already so it is on the way!! It is in jars, poofer bottles and one ounce refills....

The colors are:

Black
Silver
Gold
Soft Gold
Platinum
Violet
Pink
Fuchsia
Red
Blue
Aqua
Green
Lime
Brown
Copper (orange)
Lavender

They are prettiful!!!

SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by danielleee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 am

I'm curious about the tattoo stencils as well!
danielleee
danielleee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum