Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

"bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers

Go down

"bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers  Empty "bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers

Post by Corinne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 pm

I recently did an event and brought brand new glitter glue for the tats, but upon opening them (all 3, ~yes I am neurotic and bring way too much stuff to a gig~ being a trained Boy Scout mom) I found that the glue had already started setting and was like rubber. I couldn't do tattoos at all. Thankfully I brought all my face paint supplies as well (see above note) so the day wasn't a total failure.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is the glue to be stored in any special way? Could it be attributed to the extreme heat we are having? Does anyone have a good glue they can recommend?
Corinne
Corinne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.magicalfunandgames.com

Back to top Go down

"bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers  Empty Re: "bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers

Post by Noella on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 am

Sorry to say, but yes I've had heat (or cold) affect the glue and solidify it. Solutions I've found include a cooler (ice in the summer, heat in the winter), not leaving it out, and having fresh batches rotating in and out of the cooler. My last event my line manager (my father) was back and forth to the drink tent often to get fresh ice because it was far warmer than we'd ever worked before....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

"bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers  Empty Re: "bad" Glitter glue in brand new containers

Post by Lynnie on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:00 pm

I've not had an entire tube gum up for heat but cold I have. I've had the top of a tube gum up from heat and I have to clean it out to get to the glue under it.
I have to make sure to store them away from air conditioning or any place that is really dry and sucks the moisture out of it.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down