Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Clear Stencil Layer

Go down

Clear Stencil Layer Empty Clear Stencil Layer

Post by Geekophile on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:54 pm

That is the tricky part about cutting your own glitter tattoos- what can you use for the top layer? I know someone posted a link for vynal supply, but it was just more than I wanted to spend and way more than I would ever use. Then while killing some time in the craft store, inspiration hit. I bought a can of Stencil Adhesive ($6) and a package of Scrapbook Album Refill Sleeves ($4). I cut the sleeves open, gave them a light hit with the spray and... It worked perfectly! Hope this helps all of you self-stencilers out there.
Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Clear Stencil Layer Empty Re: Clear Stencil Layer

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 pm

I use the Cricut transfer tape. It is cheap if you buy it at a craft store with a coupon. And it is really easy to use. Let me know how it works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm

I tried the cricut transfer tape, but it stuck too well to the lower layer and was nearly impossible to get off without snarling up the stencil. The plastic photo protectors worked perfectly though.

Also, It says right on all the Michael's coupons that Cricut is excluded! How are you guys able to sneak that past at the register?
Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down