Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

St. Patties Day Job

Go down

St. Patties Day Job Empty St. Patties Day Job

Post by ejeanes on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 pm

I got an opportunity by cold calling a local brew house with a mighty big tavern in it. I'm going in tomorrow for happy hours 4-7 and am getting set up to to glitter tatoos for the adult crowd. Obviously they are all St. Patrick themed for the most part but I've made a poster with all the stencils on it. I'm going to charge 4 bucks a pop and leave out a tip jar. Has anyone else had a venue like this and if so, how did you do? If I do well the owner will hire me for other events and they put on quite a bit of special stuff. I'm excited and hope to make some money. I'll go in a bit early and offer the wait staff free tattoos so they can hopefully create some buzz for me. alien

ejeanes

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

St. Patties Day Job Empty Re: St. Patties Day Job

Post by Amanda on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:38 am

I made a ton of glitter tat stencils for St. Pats day at a bar yesterday and ended up selling a whopping 5 of them! I'm SO glad I didn't end up ordering all the supplies I was going to because it would have been a huge waste of money. Oh well... people were much more interested in face painting anyway. Smile

How did you do?
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ejeanes on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Hey Amanda,
I sold 9. I actually tattooed a guys butt but really his extreme lower back. Never again. I made a few contacts for other jobs though and one of the bar maids is in charge of events and would like to have me come back for other stuff. It was a brewery so there were a ton of men in there and the women came in later on. I got a job for a teen dance fund raiser event as well. So, it wasn't a total waste of time, but I don't think I'd do it again for St. Patties day.

ejeanes

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:55 am

Wow... that sucks! But at least you got leads for other gigs. That is at least a positive. I put 3 of the glitter tats on girls boobs... well upper boob really. I was trying to sell those things all day, but most people wanted the designs, but not to last days, so I just painted them and poofed lots of glitter on. I did with face painting though... even painted two guys bellies with giant shamrocks. Easiest $20 I ever made. Smile
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anramire2 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 am

Glad you were able to get great connections
anramire2
anramire2

Number of posts : 853