Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What's holding me back?

Go down

What's holding me back? Empty What's holding me back?

Post by britten on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 am

I met a sales rep from Glimmer at a trade show last month in Chicago and have been considering starting my own glitter tattoo business. I bought one of their "Party in a Box" kits to experiment with and of course my 5-year old twin girls love it.

I've been an avid papercrafter for many years so I already own several die-cutting machines, cartridges and files and am teaching myself how to design my own stencils that I can cut myself. (I already own a ton of vinyl as well).

After much research, it seems that I could get started for a miniumum expense....basically the cost of a pro kit, signs, business cards, booth set-up, maybe some advertising, etc. There doesn't appear to be anyone else doing this in my area and people around here tend to spend crazy money on kids parties. (I think I would like corporate and more "grown-up" events even more.) Craft fair and festival season is starting next month, I've got contacts in some key areas that could help get me off on the right foot sooooo - besides the crappy economy - this could be the time to start a business like this.

But....why am I hesitating?? My part-time job in the papercrafting industry just ended and although I am lucky enough to not "have" to work, I have always done something to contribute to my family's income (and help maintain my sanity as a SAHM!) My husband supports my idea and my mom just moved here so I'll have help with the kids or with the business. The only "con" to the equation seems to be an overwhelming fear of failure.

Ugh...sorry I'm just rambling. I'm not sure if I'm looking for advice, or just a place to share what's in my head right now! Thanks for listening anyway....!
britten
britten

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

What's holding me back? Empty Re: What's holding me back?

Post by EileenF on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm traveling right now but I will respond with some advice layer on. Its worth it! Its great money if you work it. Where do you live?
EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by britten on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm outside of Tampa.

I'd appreciate ANY advice!
britten
britten

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Sometimes it's not that we have a fear of failure...sometimes we have fear of success. Wink

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by britten on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah Debra....that too Very Happy
britten
britten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down