Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

How do you keep your stencils organized?

Go down

How do you keep your stencils organized? Empty How do you keep your stencils organized?

Post by Amanda on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 am

I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my stencils. I had (have) them in a binder using trading card sleeve pages and would let people flip thru it and pull out whichever they want, but it's a mess. Stencils end up everywhere and only one or two people can look at a time. I need a better system.... like um, today. Anyone have any good storage solutions? I figure I'll whip up some posters tonight, so I'm not really worried about displaying the options, more just about how to keep them organized for travel and easy access at gigs, but in a nice condensed way. I probably have about 100 different stencils. Any advice is appreciated!
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

How do you keep your stencils organized? Empty Re: How do you keep your stencils organized?

Post by debranewmanart on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am

I don't let people look at my actual stencils. Instead, I have pages in my menu book where I show the designs the stencils make in various colors.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

How do you keep your stencils organized? Empty Re: How do you keep your stencils organized?

Post by 1HappyNut on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm

I have heard of people using recipe boxes with (labeled) tabbed dividers. I even heard of one person who found a stacked style so there was one on top of the other, and it had 2 drawers that pulled out (think of a 2 drawer filing cabinet, only recipe card size).
Check your local craft store?
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:38 pm

I use a photo storage box with the stencils in numbered envelopes. I have a photo album with one stencil in each photo slot and the slots are numbered. When someone picks a stencil and my envelope is empty I take the one from the photo album.
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 pm

I went to office max today and found a great solution! They had CD file folders... Paper folders with the tabs in a box of 50 for $7.99. Then they had storage boxes that are the perfect size for them. I'll post a pic when I get it all put together.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Good ideas! how about:

A CD folder with lots of blank pages, then take a marker and write 1,2,3,4,5,6 on each envelope/page. Then, mark your stencils on your advertisement board 1,2,3,4,5,6, this way you can flip back and forth. I think its a quick and good solution.
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:10 am

Here is my glitter tattoo kit..its small and compact...its a baseball card file case...you can see my glitter and glue and brushed..the stencils are numberd and in the back part of the box..i have a note book with base ball size photo sleeves with pictures of the stencils and the pictures are numbered to match the stencils in my case[img]How do you keep your stencils organized? Glitte10[/img]
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 am

very well done! Thank you for sharing =)
vicky@addgo.com
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum